“White!”, said the man in the fancy hat
Naming the house where the President sat
“White!”, said the man who listened
In the dark, with teary eyes that glistened.
Common cause had brought them thither,
A cause inauspicious that holds them together
Dormant they were for the past millennia
Away and disconnected from the mania
Time, indeed, is a clocksmith
He morphs the ancient legend into myth
Myths assert His circular style
Refining His World with a patient guile.
“Break the cycle”, murmured the fancy hat,
as the palm went from curled to flat
“No… I can’t!”, moaned the sad one,
unknowing, that the process had already begun
He, the destroyer, does not wait
Neither does He allow you to meditate
Time cares not, if you are on the path
And leaves just ashes in His swath
“I am ready, I will do it!”
As these words came out, it hit
The radiance of a thousand suns
------------------
Somewhere a man in a fancy hat said “White!”
And there fell a long, dark and cold nuclear night.
No comments:
Post a Comment